Home > Jailbreak & Unlock > YouTube, Push and Wi-Fi Fixes for Blackra1n’d iPhones

YouTube, Push and Wi-Fi Fixes for Blackra1n’d iPhones

by Alvin on November 8, 2009

A number of my readers are using an unofficial sim card on the iPhone, which is hacktivated and unlocked using blackra1n rc3 and blacksn0w. They claimed that YouTube, Push and Wi-Fi are not working after they had installed both GeoHotz’s iPhone jailbreak and unlock tools on their iPhone due to the bugs found on the blackra1n hacktivation and blacksn0w unlock. If you’re also having these issues on your iPhone, you can do the following.

Wi-Fi Fix

On your iPhone, navigate to Settings, General, Reset and select Reset Network Settings. After iPhone restarted, try to connect your iPhone to the Wi-Fi again.

fixwifi

YouTube and Push Fix

1. Launch cydia installer, add http://cydia.iphoneil.net/ to the sources.

iphoneil

2.  After the sources has been added and updated, type “push fix” to search and select “Push Fix”.

searchpushfix

pushfix

3. Tap “Install” follow by “Confirm” buttons to stall Push Fix installation.

installpushfix

4. Once the installation has completed, press “Reboot Device”. Try to launch YouTube and the Push feature after your iPhone is rebooted.

rebootdevice

All these issues should be fixed if you’ve performed the above 2 fixes on your iPhone. Anyway, if you need any help, drop your message on the comment below.

Read more articles...

{ 7 comments… read them below or add one }

Jump November 8, 2009 at 9:40 am

The push does not work for me!
Any other solution? Thanks.

Alvin November 8, 2009 at 11:48 am

Hi Jump,

Try to disable the 3G connection and reinstall Push Fix again. If still no avail, you may need to restore and jailbreak your iPhone, which is a good approach for troubleshooting these issues.

Jason December 8, 2009 at 3:10 pm

Not work for the push fix too.. I using iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 Official Unlock, after I install and tried with Beejive, the push still not work for me, no notification. Using wiFi connection to surf cydia and download the push fix and youtube.

Javier January 16, 2010 at 6:04 pm

I got the iPhoneil package source and can search the many packages there, but can’t find any “Push Fix” package.
Was the package taken down?

Alvin January 16, 2010 at 10:22 pm

Hi Javier,

Alternatively, you can try to add apt.macosmovil.com to the source and look for “push fix”.

Please let us know if this repo works for your push problem.

Constance January 20, 2010 at 1:58 pm

Mine was a 2G iphone.
my wifi is doing fine… but not my push fix.(etc youtube.)
any way of fixing it.
tried with the above mention but its not working on my youtube whenever im not connected thru wifi….
but once i connected my phone thru wifi it able to run.
if im using gprs it doesnt work.
pls advice.

Alvin January 22, 2010 at 12:43 am

Hi Constance,

You can try to restore your iPhone to the latest firmware 3.1.2 and jailbreak/unlock with blackra1n. After your iPhone has been restored and jailbroken/unlocked, set it as new phone on the iTunes.

Hope it helps…